I ,Cosmos and Gravity!

After reading what Mr F Mars, a friend of mine opined regarding speed of light need not be constant as Telsa says, I reflect that one thing is certain; there are many points of view but there is no clinching evidence that this is the truth! It always fascinated me- who I am and why I am here! Are there UFOs? In childhood I did dream of meeting people from a UFO landed in the back yard of my home, like many others, who claim to have even traveled with them!

Well our mind it seems is the most powerful instrument which some times gives us sense of superior feeling to sit on judgment on every thing and every event and every one around us. Honestly speaking we only have questions.

Questions- that is the key. I am from a social upbringing where our ancients told us to question and question till you reach the truth as you yourself finally realize. The statement that speed of light should be constant was questioned by me in my college education- because I questioned why it should be constant? We always fall into the trap that a majority accept hence we should fall in line. I am a student of logic. So logic sometimes leads to some baffling conclusions which emotions fight.

I feel, again I say I feel, that there are many worlds having different spectrum of frequencies and measuring units- I find it difficult to believe we are the only people who know everything in the universe. Our reach both mental and physical has limited range in time and spatial terms.

Time as a concept in it self has a deep philosophical import and has many interpretations and perceptions. So accepting there could be many worlds each separated by their own local constants of speed of light within their world I find I can imagine many possibilities. My reason is that what we find constant in one area is a variable as we map different locations- like gravity on the moon which changes from location to location and even on the earth. The sensitivity of our measuring instruments, the limitation of sensory perceptions and the very process of measurement introducing a perturbance in the process which we want to observe , ( the uncertainty principle) did bother our physicists.

We humans accustomed to visible and imaginable three dimensional space found Einstein's introduction of fourth dimension of time tough to digest over decades. Then 11 dimensions of string theory make our advanced scientists happy. The more the merrier. But is it the truth? What we try often is for consistency and non-self contradicting theory coupled with acceptance by your tribe, some times almost of "mafia" nature.

Eventually many a great thinker realizes, often the truth becomes a matter of contemplation and a set of unanswered questions and mere facts as we perceive could prove to be deceptive to draw universal conclusions.

I believe each one of us is born with the same spark of cosmic wisdom in the current world as we know and we have fundamental right to think and contemplate. A consensus of view points and a common language of communication in each area of activity is needed for humans to interact which we call as English, French, Spanish ,Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and again sub-sets and dialects like Quantum theory, String theory, Genetics ... well goes on; but they are all ultimately only consistent set of words to express the thoughts of persons working in their areas to exchange ideas and debate. After contemplating producing new words when accepted by a majority in their group , considered as new knowledge and get a Nobel prize too just as we add a new word in English to our dictionary.

What is the implication to others? Majority of us live our lives to earn to support ourselves and provide some security to progeny and expect the society to give us peace of mind and security to enjoy the leisure and leave the intellectuals and scientists in their ephemeral world so long as they do not disturb the comfortable existing life style. So built in resistance for any thing new is self protecting instinct for the society.

I am from a back ground where I am conditioned to think that there are many worlds and even universes- unlimited and we are a tiny part of the galaxy which itself is a speck by the universal time and space scales. In this vast and limitless conglomerate universes rise up and vanish like bubbles in boiling water( more an analogy), each bubble having thousands of light years time scale. I find it difficult to believe that our unit system is sacrosanct and invariant.

So I think my galaxy is one such bubble . Within our universe with the so called human form we have, we think we are great and rule our little world around us- like our family first, then a village as the chief, then as president the country. Some our scientists also similarly rule their domain and turf areas quite jealously drawing strength by becoming small dedicated tribes.

I am basically amused at the little minds we have and wonder at the magnanimous way the nature tolerates us and our antics.

Then to my questions regarding why I am here, I told myself whatever little knowledge we get we should try to put to use to improve human life a little bit in our life time and leave the planet in better shape than when we came into being. The working life of 40 to 50 years is not much in cosmic scale but certainly is substantial in human scale of time.

If in this world for the limited purpose of predictability, a certain set of relationships like Newton's laws ( called law as it was found to be unfailing and very consistent at non-particle level) help improve human life in simpler ways than through chemical reactions and heat generation to power our movement, then why not use the same? We have not understood gravity or the new words gravitons but it works for us for limited purpose of serving our daily needs to improve our quality of life.

Either we can say nobody knows or everybody knows- but both the statements can be contested. I agree with you on that count. My only feeling in this world is one of gratitude and I am filled with constant wonder at the immeasurable and infinite nature of our universes but the capacity of our thinking in our tiny infinitesimal brain to be able to even perceive that we are part of that great cosmic reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great Indian Puzzle.

SKYBUS RAIL : The unique disruptive rail technology of this century.