A letter of welcome to Shri Dinesh Trivedi , the new Minister of Railway

To
Shri Dinesh Trivedi ,
Hon'ble Minister of Railway
Rail Bhavan, New Delhi.



Dear Sir,

Rest assured I am not trying to congratulate you, to get any favour or attention from your high office. I served my nation to the best of my abilities and retired and refused to take up any commercial re-employment, except being a ( no salary) member of the Empowered Board of Government of India for delivering the ITER ( the first Fusion Reactor) in France, a multi national effort, for two years.

Though it is unlikely my email would be put up to you, it is still my call of conscience that I should congratulate you for heading the august railway ministry, and share a few thoughts with you on this occasion.

We railway men fall hopelessly in love with our railways. The emotional ties develop too strongly for us- may be because we serve 24/7 for over 35 years, unlike other services where, once they leave office , can go back to family and sleep peacefully.

Welcome to the club Sir!!

You too will now serve 24/7 for the next remaining period of the term of UPA!! It is a tough job.

Being involved operationally all the 24 hours 7 days a week, it leaves little time for introspection and planning for the system to bring in major changes.

In my time I tried my best to correct the system, within my boundaries,even with all the operational burden.

Change management in railway is almost a daunting impossible task burdened with real risks of high order.

I wish you all the best Sir! Being cool is the only solution to the chaotic running around you will face in the new post.

But railwaymen are lovable, dedicated even though some times you find them stubborn.

May God bless you!!

Warm regards,

--
सत्यं परम् धीमही
बी. राजाराम
Rajaram Bojji M.Tech. IRSE (Retd.), FIE, FNAE, AMASCE
Fmr. MD Konkan Railway /Min. of Railways India
www.atrilab.com
834 Spring Knoll Drive Herndon 20170 VA USA Tel: +1 703 796 0225

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great Indian Puzzle.

SKYBUS RAIL : The unique disruptive rail technology of this century.