Fukushima and Koodunkulam



Rajaram Bojji
1:53 PM (18 minutes ago)
to Devasahayam, Udayakumar, ramarao, eassarma, Gopala, prabhu, Prabhu, neerja_chowdhu., sg, suchetadalal, krishnamoorty, tca, VASU, biprasarma, HINDU, iscrmohan, readerseditor, Ram, Ravi, Businesss, bgverghese, editor, EENADU, afhd, Kingshuk, Sreejay
Dear Sir,

It was in 1988 that I saw in Austria a huge beautiful nuclear plant facility, completed in all respects for the precious 5 or 7 years, but nicely locked up without getting commissioned.

The people did not agree.

After Chernobyl, case much later, the Austrians felt very much redeemed .


After Fukushima, many countries have practically slowed down on the initiative to go on fast track with nuclear energy.


USA too the debates have hotted up. Germany and Europe are making plans to gradually shut down the nuclear facilities.

Even France is now rethinking the policy.

It will be the greatest disservice to the nation and the height of moral turpitude on the part of scientists now to tell lies and get this plant commissioned.

Rs 13000 cr is down the drain and so be it. We can afford that. No more projects for India. We shd have the courage.

It is false to say we do not have any alternative. At the definite risk of being labled arrogant, I do challenge the scientific and engineering community of my country as anothe patriotic Indian engineer, to give me clearance and approval to prove the generation of power from the sea waters, at Rs 5 cr capital cost per MW.and later practically maintenance free and no raw material input, but eternal power , constant steady rate, is possible.

With only 30% of the coast line of India, we get 100GW of power at an investment of Rs 5 lac croes.

The Planning Commission of India, got my letter and outline paper, and Dr Kasturi Rangan wrote to me agreeing that scientifically it is sound and engineering challenge is to be addressed, and forwarded the same to President of INAE.

The paper I sent was preliminary without engineering designs but since then, I completed the designs.

The letter of policy initiative needed by the government I enclose. It also describes the technology and how it appears in reality describing the environmental impact issues too.

Just give me the policy letter of clearance for setting up such facility. I will arrange the funds and put up a 200 MW plant., after proving the one MW pilot plant.

Now time frame needed is just 6 months. There is an alternative to nuclear power. It is economical and cheaper than nuclear power and comparable in cost to thermal power.This I told in my Paris conference while presenting my peer reviewed paper in May 2011.

The only argument is it does not exist in the world. It has to be proven, If that is so why Government of India has the courage to approve the Ratnagiri nuclear energy plant? An unproven technology and Netherlands has given statement that the French technology is still not delivered as promised and expressed serious doubts if it works. But still more than Rs 20,000 cr are committed and government is forcing the issue on Ratnagiri.

It is a question of honesty and ethics. I do challenge the committee to get the policy clearance. I will prove the technology with funds raised by myself. I do not want government funds too.

DO not demand I should first make a presentation to satisfy you. Entirely Indian industry will be involved and without import content I will set up the plant. Just to give the policy clearance, I do not have to prove the technology beforehand, when I do not seek government funds.

If there is no private agenda, this clearance can be given based on the letter I signed and sent.

I am glad your good-self chose to write this email Now I offer alternative. Let me see, if there is courage left in the country to take up what I offer.

One most common response is indifference.

As a Fellow of National Academy of Engineering, I do believe, the scientific community owes an honest response to me.

For me Fukushima is real. My countrymen should not be forced to be exposed another nuclear disaster.

With kind regards,




image.png


image.png

Comments

bujjanna said…
Respected sir,
Thank you for coming up with such a idea.Do not give up , take the help of all your peer scientists and help India and mankind.God bless you, i pray god to give you good health to invent more.

Bujjanna Naradasu
s/w engr.
bujjanna said…
Hello Sir,

Thank you for such an invention. Please take the help of all your fellow scientists to make it a reality, if Indian politicians/Beaurocrocy stop you, go to othwer country and prove it.All the nations will adopt to it.
I pray god to give you good health to invent more.

Bujjanna Naradasu
s/w engr.

Popular posts from this blog

The great Indian Puzzle.

SKYBUS RAIL : The unique disruptive rail technology of this century.