A story keeps you reflecting up on for quite some time..

How CBI vs a senior bureaucrat arrested for inquiry interact- a fictitious visualisation:

The official of CBI generally a Dy SP from normal police service; let us call CBI (O) and the accused white collar criminal may be of a rank of Secretary, equal to DGP ; let us call WCC:

CBI(o): Sir, why did u write the note at file page number so and so?

WCC: Which file and which page and what note?

CBI(o): Do not act funny, Sir. You know it.

WCC: Look I handle thousands of files in service, and cannot remember all the files. The reasons why I write anything is already recorded there and and have nothing to add now.

CBI(o): But, Sir, tell if you have some secret resons, or you received some gratification for what you have written?

WCC: I am an honest man. Why don't you check if I have assets disproportionate to my earnings. I write purely based on facts available at that time on file, and based on the policy of that time.I deny doing anything under duress or for gratification. I believed that I was acting in public interest.

CBI(o): But the result shows because of the scam, government lost thousands of crores. Are you not responsible?

WCC: I do not think so. I only processed the case asp er extant policies and in good faith that i am serving my nation. If distortions were taking place , the concerned monitoring and inspection wings must be investigated.

CBI(o): You are not cooperative. if you refuse like this, we will have to extend the remand for another week. SO better cooperate and tell us how you caused this scam?

WCC: I am cooperating and all the files and documents are with you. I do not keep separate documentation for my work nor a diary of events. The file is the basis. That you have. What do you expect me to to give anything new not contained already in the files and papers with you?

CBI(o): SO today you are refusing to help. Will report to Judge that you are further required for more questioning.

WCC: I have no special information and what is the point in keeping me in remand. I told you whatever I can.

CBI(o): No way- if we leave you, you are likely to tamper the evidence and witnesses.

WCC: Look, the evidence is already documented and files are with you and I cannot change the files even if I am out of jail. Then question of witness does not arise, because any thing to the contrary to what is contained in the file, does not have value; because it lacks supporting recorded documents. SO it is not like a murder case where threats can influence an eye witness to go back on his statement. My oral statement has no value. The file speaks for every one. You also know that. It is injustice to harass me like this. I am not well too.

CBI(o): Unless you cooperate and admit you caused this scam, we will have to keep in custody to question you for another week days or more. Our government doctor will examine and certify for your health, Sir. Nothing to worry.

Dy SP really enjoys this opportunity to take on the senior guy whom they had to salute earlier!!!

This cycle of conversation continues for months with the same answers. Meantime, the media is happy getting the shots of the VIP bureaucrats, being taken in and out of the jail to court for disposal of bail application.

Meantime Dr Swamy, without such interrogation techniques, nor custody of the alleged culprit, is able to pin down the criminal in a court of law, by intelligent analysis and research of few available documents. Perhaps for white collar crimes that is the effective way.

It is not necessary to conduct the media show of arrests and jailing and interrogation when solid written evidence is already there.

How do we get justice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great Indian Puzzle.

SKYBUS RAIL : The unique disruptive rail technology of this century.